The privacy of your personal information is a priority for us at MyConnect. We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and we are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) requirements for collecting and managing your personal information.
Why we require personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information so that we can:
- provide you with our services and products;
- assess your eligilbility for the products and services that you're interested in
- verify your identity and manage any enquiries or complaints you have after you've used our services or purchased a product through us;
- let you know about other products, services or promotional offers that we think may be of interest to you;
- ensure we comply with the requirements of our parterns and providers;
- maintain and improve our customer service by monitoring our service for quality control, quality and training purposes;
- meet our regulatory and legal obligations.
What kinds of personal information does MyConnect collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances in which it is being collected, including whether we collect the information from you as a customer, participating provider, contractor, stakeholder, job applicant or in some other capacity.
If you request information for a product or service offered by our participating providers, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and any other information that we need to be able to provide you with that information. For example, if you wish to obtain rates for a utility, we will ask you for basic information about your address including postcode. With this information we'll be able to provide you with a serviceable retailer in your distribution zone. The information we collect may vary depending on the products you're interested in. If you decide to apply for a product through us, we'll ask you for additional information so we can complete your request.
If you deal with us in some other capacity (for example, as a participating provider, a supplier or a stakeholder), we may collect your name, contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
Any personal information that you provide via our website or contact centre (for example, to obtain a quote or apply for products) is collected and stored by MyConnect.
If we are not able to collect your personal information, or if you provide us with incorrect or incomplete information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connecting.
When we disclose your information to or collect your information from a third party
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the conduct of our business. If third parties act on our behalf, we ask them to hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- We may disclose your personal information to other third parties (often referred to as service providers) that we engage or we are engaged by for the purposes of their work.
- These third parties include information technology suppliers, meter reading and maintenance contractors, debt collection agencies, marketing and advertising agencies and contractors, mailing and logistics providers, our joint venture partners, entities for whom we act or provide functions, government and regulatory authorities, and our professional advisers (such as accountants, auditors and lawyers).
- These third parties may provide us with personal information they have collected from you in the course of providing relevant products or services. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to whom our third parties assign your debt.
How we hold and keep secure your information
Securing your information: We store information in different ways, including in hard copy and electronic form. Our security safeguards include:
• technical solutions, security controls and internal processes to help us protect your information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- How to contact us
If you want to opt out of marketing from MyConnect, you can contact us: On 1300 854 478 or write to us at MyConnect, GPO Box 4778 Melbourne VIC 3001
- Collection Statement
You can find out more about how MyConnect collects and handles personal information in our Collection Statement
Our Complaints Officer:
If you feel your complaint or question is not being handled appropriately, please contact the following:
Post: Attn: The Complaints Officer
GPO Box 4778
Melbourne VIC 3001
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Contact: 1300 393 992